Sleep: Your Neglected Superpower
The 21st century is wreaking havoc on our sleep quality and seriously messing with our genetic makeup.
‘Screen time’ is disrupting our ‘sleep-time’ like never before:
- Adults spending hours hunched over computers
- Teens engaged in the ‘fakeness’ of social media deflating their self esteem
- Preschoolers distracted by e-games instead of constructing and playing games
- All of us staring at screens, way past sunset, when our ancestral body clock would normally kick in to wind down, stop eating and get ready for a good night’s sleep
Human beings evolved over a million years to spend one third of our life sleeping!
Surely that means it’s important!
New research clearly indicates that we need a ‘good night’s sleep’ to wash our brains of toxic protein build-up, provide essential nutrients and process all of the activity we experience when we are conscious.
Over the next few episodes I will share with you tips on how to awaken your own sleep superpowers, so you can:
- Increase your daytime energy
- Burn fat while you sleep
- Wake up with fresher skin, hair, and nails
- Repair pain and inflammation
- Improve mental clarity
- Have children who thrive and are centered
A Good Night’s Sleep Tips
#1 – “The Kitchen Is Closed”: commit to stop consuming calories two hours before sleep.
#2 – Ideal bedroom temperature for sleep is about 20 degrees Celsius/68 degrees fahrenheit.
Yours in health,Caron x